Satconsult, a leading space engineering consultancy firm and member of the Euroconsult group, is looking for a talented individual with aerospace engineering qualification (preferably in satellite communications systems and/or RF engineering) to join its growing team.
About The Position
As an aerospace engineer, you will support and/or lead technical studies in a variety of space-related fields, such as:
- Telecommunications or earth observation systems (LEO, MEO, GEO, constellations or single satellite) and their components (Space and ground) or subcomponents (equipment, software etc.)
- other growing space sectors such as Secure Satcom, GEOINT, AI IMINT, Space Situational Awareness, Cyber security in ground segments.
You have a good technical knowledge of at least one of the topics mentioned above. You must be well organized, curious and with sufficient autonomy to perform coordination tasks and eventually manage study projects (including finance, schedules, and customer relations). You have a sufficient level of computer literacy to use collaborative tools and simple project management tools.
You learn quickly in particular new concepts in aerospace and grasp the technological and application issues.
You are comfortable working in a team and you are rigorous. You are a good communicator, able to present content with ease in front of clients or at conferences. You are proficient in writing reports and presentations with a high level of quality. You have the ability to summarize information from a complex report to a short presentation or from multiple sources into a single intelligible content.
- Support (and eventually lead) the studies above mentioned which can include:
- Support to system design analysis (mainly in satcom).
- Data collection and analysis
- Technical surveys of upcoming technologies and standards.
- Generation of technical reports and presentations in accordance with project requirements.
- Contribute to (and eventually lead) the management of engineering studies (development of the technical contractual and project management documents, determination of the necessary resources, communication with stakeholders, management of contracts). Ensure that they meet technical, programmatic, quality and cost objectives.
- Participate in writing proposals for new business opportunities or technical reports.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- BSc or MSc in aerospace engineering with a major preferably in telecommunications or RF engineering.
- 0 to 5 years of experience within the space sector (satcom, EO or other), however Satconsult will consider all CVs.
- Fluent in spoken and written English (level C2).
- In addition to strong technical capabilities, you have good presentation and interpersonal skills (soft skills) as the position requires daily collaboration with other Satconsult engineers and customers.
- Ability to travel, as you will be able to work at our clients’ sites or operations anywhere in the world: Europe, Middle East, Asia, the Americas, etc.
Candidates should send their resume and cover letter.