Euroconsult’s core activity also consists of assisting government (civil and defense) organizations in assessing their policies, regulations, programs, investment efficiency, and benchmarking their practices in order to provide accurate and strategic recommendations. Services include:
• Policy & program evaluations
• Impact assessments
• Socio-economic & cost benefit analysis
• International benchmarking and best practices
Government policy review: support for national plan/strategy, assessment of international cooperation opportunities, assessment and optimization of policy and regulatory frameworks.
Program performance assessment: independent review of program efficiency, return on investment, socio-economic benefit analysis, cost-benefit analysis.
Governments' involvement in the space sector has changed significantly over the last 15 years. Beyond 'simple' program implementation, civil and defense agencies must now also deal with an increasingly complex political, financial and industrial environment- along with an increasing number of countries developing programs and space-based capabilities.
For the last two decades Euroconsult has built extensive expertise in assisting civil and defense agencies in their decision-making processes to assess policies, programs, and return on investment, and in benchmarking practices to provide strategic recommendations.
Euroconsult’s experience, independence, and rigorous practices have led to more than 200 consulting missions for government organizations worldwide. These include projects for leading government agencies in Europe, North America and Asia, as well as emerging government space agencies and other international organizations.
Consulting missions for government organizations can typically be broken down into five areas:
• Public project financing: business plan assessment, review of financial models (standard government procurement, Public-Private Partnerships), Capex analysis and forecasts.
• Space program benchmarking: review of national policies, investments and program trends worldwide; performance comparison (quantitative/qualitative metrics), strategic impacts.
• Industry policy: analysis of national capabilities, industry players, the global competitive environment, strategies to sustain/develop capabilities, partnership opportunities.